[iBook] Sound recording on iBook with Panther

Mike Urseth mike at brewersdigest.com
Wed Jul 5 20:13:43 PDT 2006

I want to record audio from the telephone into my iBook 600 dual USB
running Panther. I have a little Radio Shack box that send the audio
to a microphone plug that I currently plug into a micro cassette
recorder.

I would appreciate any suggestions for the best ways to capture this
into audio files, the best file format to use and the most flexible
software to edit the files.

I do a lot of interviews that I would like to have digitized. Mainly
to turn into written pieces, but at some point I'd like to be able to
post edited files on a web site.

Would this work better on my desktop G5 Dual?

Thanks in advance.

Brewers Digest
Mike Urseth
P.O. Box 237