[iBook] Two Questions....

Steve R mailing.lists.2005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 06:06:10 PDT 2006

At 9:48 PM -0500 07/09/06, Pat posted:
>2.  What are the best CD's to record music on?  I succeeded in
>copying the CD of my friend's daughter and now she wants 20 copies
>and her Dad says 'buy the best' and altho' I see 50 on a spindle for
>$6.99 from Circuit City, I really do want to send her good CD's, and
>need advice.  Any thoughts out there (and I know there are  :))

Buying name brands or even off-brands is hit and miss. The important
information as to where and who manufactured the disc is found in
very small letters on the inside clear part of the blank. Even if you
were able to see that information through the spool/case wrapping,
you need to know what it all means. (Much like the information on a
tire can tell you all sorts of things, if you can translate it all.)
The best you could do is check product reviews online to see where
folks are buying their blanks and go with that. Even then, if what
you're archiving is that important, some people recommend making a
second copy on a different manufactured blank, and then repeating the
process every six months to a year, to infinity.

Steve R

--
  Get the Canadian troops out of Afghanistan now.