[iBook] Two Questions....

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jul 10 15:18:11 PDT 2006

Hi Pat,

> The Genius Bar told her to increase ram, and that because of the
> plastic case, it would never be as strong as the Dell with a metal
> case...hmmmmm.

Wow. That's a complete load of crap - they obviously don't have a clue what
they're talking about.

1. I'm not even convinced Dells have a metal case. Could be wrong there but...
2. A metal case makes the signal weaker (the metal acts as an electrical sheild)
- that's why powerbooks get poorer reception than ibooks.
3. RAM has *nothing* to do with wireless reception. However, it could be that
your iBook is sluggish, and that could be a consequence of RAM deprivation.

Anyway, ignore that advice - it's wrong.

I suggest you double-check the connection between your wifi card (under the
keyboard) and the antenna.

Cheers,
-Angus