[iBook] Water Worked...but...

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Jun 21 05:52:58 PDT 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 11:19 PM, Pat wrote:

> Tom,
>
> That worked, but there are some snap, crackle and pops still
> there.  I was able to import it that way, tho'.  Now, on to other
> solutions  since I have it copied.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to isolate it?  Should I have made a folder
> for it alone?  I'm not into iTunes normally.  I will try to get an
> image of it and then be very brave and try the Brasso solution.

In iTunes, select the tracks you want to isolate and either shift/
command/n or File > New Playlist from Selection. That will put all
the tracks into a playlist by themselves. If you copy the playlist
to, say, an iPod, all the tracks will follow.

As for isolating them in a folder: If you look in your music folder
and open your iTunes music folder, you'll see that it probably is
already in a separate folder. It may be named "Untitled" or something
like that if this is a homebrewed CD and isn't in the online music
database to catch the album name and track names and put them in the
metadata. The tracks may also be named something like "Track 01" and
so on. You can rename these tracks in iTunes and add other
information, such as album name, author, date, and so on. Just select
all the tracks and do Command-I or "File > Get Info." This will bring
up a dialogue box in which you can change/add all kinds of
information. If you want to name the tracks, you can do it by
clicking on the track name and retyping it, or use the Get Info
command to do each track one at a time.

The amount I've written makes it appear far more daunting than it
actually is. Once you've seen the commands at work and note what
they're doing and where they're doing it, it will be a breeze.

Charles Pearce (Not related to Brian, as far as we know)
<charlesp at ksu.edu>