[iBook] OS install on new HD

Brian Pearce brpearce at optonline.net
Sun Jun 25 08:38:43 PDT 2006

I've recently has an odd experience with my iMac G5 where I was
experiencing display failures, and Apple Hardware Test indicated an
error with the Video RAM -- but then the problem disappeared on its'
own, and a later test indicated no problems. Thanks to a screenshot
of display corruption I had taken, though, it was eventually
diagnosed as a probliem with the logic board, which is now being
replaced.

I had no idea there were serious problems that could fly under the
radar of Apple Hardware Test (but then, the iMac is the first Mac
I've had *any* repair issues with).

BRIAN PEARCE
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"