[iBook] white line on screen?

Janice F. Jorgensen janicejorgensen at charter.net
Thu Jun 29 13:36:43 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Cornelius" <malcolm at fireflyuk.net>
To: "A place to discuss Apple's iBook computers."
<ibook at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [iBook] white line on screen?

> I would try an external monitor to see if it is the video board or
> the display.
>
> Just a guess on my part but I doubt a line of pixels would go at once
> but I am no expert on LCDs.

It is a possible failure - I've seen many LCDs with an entire failed column
of px.

Good idea to check on an external, but I'd expect that to be ok.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk

As the computer heats up.. it went away.... ?????/ or was diminished... then
i turned it off and it was very faint..
this stuff happens like one minute to the next?  but the line is very
faint..now...
hmmm  no external to test it with ...
thanks

janice