[iBook] Mac OS X hacked in less than 30 minutes

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Tue Mar 7 07:41:28 PST 2006

Now lets not get into the "why would anyone hack me, there is nothing
on here they would want" line of thought.  Lots of hacked windoze
machines are just drones for spam and other hacks, virus, or
exploits.  Someone gets into root on your box and get some evil
running that sends out spam or other viruses and our "Ivory tower"
macs are brought down a notch or 2.  Ever notice how the activity
monitor is getting as cluttered as the process viewer on the windoze
machines?
I think Macs will lose a couple of points ontheir "market share
cloak" with all the intel hype (and discounted ppc machines) giving
some hacker a chance to make a name for themselves.

-- Scott

- Why does my firewall say "PC Load Letter"? -