[iBook] Help!!!

Lucas Jacinto lucas.jacinto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 09:36:24 PST 2006

I recently screwed up my 700mhz ibook! here's what happened: my system has a
mac 10.3 installed and was getting to be really slow. So i ran a Norton disc
utility CD to optimize my hard drive. It boots mac OS 9.2 from a CD. I first
ran the norton disc doctor, then the speed disc. When i restarted, it would
first load the gray screen with the bitten apple, then it would go to this
black screen that's kinda like a DOS environment, with these characters
written on the top:

/etc/master.passwd: Not a directory
/etc/master.passwd: Not a directory
-sh: /etc/profile: Not a directory
-sh-2.05b#

I have never encountered this before. I have ran that same Norton disc
utility a few times already and have always succeeded in restoring my system
to the optimal state. But now, Instead of booting unto OSX, it go to this
screen! Pardon my ignorance if it is a simple technicality. Someone please
help me!

lucas