[iBook] Screen Spanning

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Thu Mar 23 09:33:38 PST 2006

At 8:15 AM -0800 3/23/06, B G wrote:
>Yes i cleared the NVRAM after the first 2 installs did not take.
>
>I reinstalled after that, when I plug in the external monitor is
>does mirror automatically. Opening the preferences there is no
>arrange tab.
>
>How do you turn off mirroring?

Run the program again and make sure Screen Spanning is turned on.  I
forget if a reboot is required at this point, do it if it's not
clear.  Open System Preferences - Display.  Check "Show displays in
menu bar. Connect an external monitor.  Look in the Display Menu (LCD
display ICON), there should be a "Mirroring" item (not sure of the
exact syntax, I don't have a display hooked up at the moment).
Uncheck it.  You should now have an extended desktop and the Arrange
tab should be available in System Preferences - Display.  You can
also de-activate Mirroring from System Preferences - Display but I
don't recall how that works.