[iBook] Blueberry iBook + no sound

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Thu May 4 06:43:55 PDT 2006

Tony Gamble wrote:

>> My wife is using an original blueberry iBook, but sound does not
>> work.

> Sounds like a loose physical connection of some sort, but rather
> than go through the risky hassle of disassembling the iBook, you
> could always replace the sound inexpensively with a Griffin iMic
> (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic2/).  I've used it
> for a while now, and it's great!

Some stereos have USB inputs. My son bought one a few years ago; we
plugged it into his indigo iMac (running 10.1.5) just for grins, and
it automatically cut the computer speakers and switched over to the
stereo. When you turn the stereo off, the speakers kick back in.

But the iMic also has sound *in* going for it; it's definitely worth
having one around.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"