[iBook] Re: video crapped out

Bill Raffensperger raffy at macsrule.com
Thu May 18 19:08:42 PDT 2006

I ordered it Tuesday night, May 16, it showed up this morning
(Thursday, May 18) before 11.
Here's the out of box experience. Assistance by Lilly and Tinker.

http://homepage.mac.com/dowhatyoulike/b/MacBook.mov

My old iBook was cloned to my firewire drive, and I hooked the Maxtor
up to the MacBook as instructed by the set up assistant. It copied
all my stuff over, but all my old mail didn't seem to copy over
right. Guess I'll try to manually restore it.

I got a lot of this:

> The message from ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
> concerning “iBook Digest, Vol 21, Issue 6” has not been downloaded
> from the server. You need to take this account online in order to
> download it.

Of course I was online, the messages just weren't there.

It's great to be portable again after being tethered to an old Mac
for almost 6 weeks.