[iBook] Dual USB G3 iBook 500mHz/640MB RAM/10GB HD -- Tiger or Panther?

Steve R mailing.lists.2005 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 10:22:31 PDT 2006

Dual USB G3 iBook 500mHz/640MB RAM/10GB HD -- Tiger or Panther?

The 512MB RAM chip arrived and was installed without a hitch. (Losing
those tiny tiny screws in plush carpeting doesn't count.)  Sleepless
night so I erased the installed 10.0.2, and installed Panther because
I'm wanting to check some weirdness I'm seeing on my Tiger computers
to see if the problem exists with Panther. Once I've checked that
out, I'll be in a position to actually start using the iBook. So my
question for those of you who have the Dual USB 500mHz iBook with
640MB RAM and a 10GB drive... are you happy with the performance of
Tiger on the machine or were you happier with Panther?

Ideally I'd prefer to have all my computers running the same OS but I
could live with Panther on the iBook if need be. I won't be using any
processor intense applications -- mostly keeping and updating
databases, perhaps doing some email, definitely some web browsing,
and lots of word processing.

And I may, very rarely, be using VLC to watch small video clips.

Thanks
Steve R

--
  Get the Canadian troops out of Afghanistan now.