Spotlight Re: [iBook] Dual USB G3 iBook 500mHz/640MB RAM/10GB HD -- Tiger or Panther?

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Tue May 30 17:27:54 PDT 2006

I gave up on Spotlight several Tiger incarnations ago (now at 10.4.6).Much, much too slow (got really, really tired of seeing the thingie going round and round without grinding out anything) and, as you mentioned, it missed a lot. Based on a lead somebody on this list gave, I switched to EasyFind, a freeware from Devon Industries
http://www.devon-technologies.com/products/freeware/ which works a LOT faster and, as far as I know, hasn't missed anything. In fact, it's found files and folders I either didn't know I had or had forgotten them.

Vent away... I've never been that fond of Tiger, at least the earlier versions. Either Tiger improved or I've adapted. I *DO* like Dashboard and all the widgets.

Fred