[iBook] Graphite clamshell to give?

SKYGRAM skygram at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:36:18 PDT 2006

Paul,

The bong might be considered a good sign. My suggestion would be to
borrow an external hard drive (Firewire) that has a copy of OS-X
installed on it and see if it will boot up.

Another idea would be to connect the iBook to another Mac via a
Firewire cable. Using the "T" key. This could show if the hard drive
on the iBook is broken.

Possibly the drive is damaged.

I am writing to you off the iBook list. I see that you have a Quebec
email address.

There might still be life in that old iBook. It might be worth having
an Apple Techie check it out. Call Microserv in Dorval, Quebec and ask
for Tony. He is the head of their service department. He is honest.

Microserv's telephone number is 514-636-5127

If it isn't worth repairing, don't throw it out. You could always sell
it for parts on eBay or you could pass it on to me. :-)

I take scrapped computers to recondition or to use their parts.

Good luck,

Bill
Montreal