[iBook] ibook no video

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 3 17:13:29 PST 2006

Peter, not an expert by any means and it has been a while since I had
anything to do with the clamshells, but as far as I am aware, the
clamshells only had video out through a special plug and cable that
plugged into the speaker socket. Sounds strange but if you put in a 3
section earphone plug, you got sound and if you put in the 4 section
video adaptor cable, you got video. The cable had three white, red,
yellow RCA plugs on the other end and was designed to be plugged into
a TV,etc but the resolution was pretty low (VGA) so it looked pretty
ghastly - text on screen was a waste of time - unreadable. I don't
know of any other way of getting video out of a clamshell. but any
minute now, someone will pop on and tell me I'm wrong.
Hope this is of some help.
Cheers