[iBook] Off topic? Audio and OCR help wanted

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 12 11:46:31 PST 2006

On 11/12/06 10:18 AM, "gooddog at interlync.com" <gooddog at interlync.com> wrote:

> So the question is, to you all with much more experience than myself,
> what do you think? Is there a way he can do his recipe project on a
> Mac? If so, what program/programs would he use? I assumed it would be
> Adobe Acrobat Pro which has a built in OCR component.

You can simply scan the recipes, and then use the Mac's built in .pdf
reader, Preview, to select and extract whatever text you want from the scans
and import it into any other program you like, such as Word, and then work
with it any way you choose. No extra tools, or expense required. It works
extremely well (at least the way I use it).

Brian