[iBook] Keyboard problems

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sun Nov 12 13:11:49 PST 2006

If you spilled stuff on it and it is gummed up, you can
carefully remove it from the iBook, then carefully flow
distilled water over it for a long time, hopefully to
dissolve the gummy residue.  Other than that, I don't
recall any particular discussions how to fix a bad
keyboard.  If it's under applecare, just get a replacement.

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, David/Jeanie Lyle wrote:

> The keyboard in my iBook G4 quit working today.  Fortunately, I have a
> separate Apple  bluetooth keyboard that I pulled out of the closet and am
> presently using.  I seem to remember someone discussing this problem before
> on the list.  Is it possible to review old discussions?  IS this something
> I'm going to have to send my notebook back to Apple for repair?  It's the
> first problem I've had with my computer since purchasing it new 2 years ago.
 . . .