[iBook] OT: MacBook (not iBook) speaker problems?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Nov 14 15:09:46 PST 2006

I've been a silent reader of this list for a while, back when it was
the "P1" list :-)  But are there any of the new MacBook readers on here?

I seem to recall that the original MacBooks were known to have very
poor speaker volume.  I'm looking to upgrade to the new MacBooks with
the Core 2 Duo processor, but I do a lot of iChat
videoconferencing...and was wondering how the speakers are.
(Realizing that the MacBook IS a notebook, not a full-size desktop
computer, but still wondering if the MacBook's speakers were still
comparatively bad).

Thanks!