[iBook] Trackpad button sticking

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sat Oct 7 23:31:46 PDT 2006

That sounds like a physical problem, not any software issue.
Some units of that vintage had a sticking trackpad problem
when new--I had one which was repaired under AppleCare.
You can try "clicking" at different places on the trackpad
and see if the sticking happens more some place(s) than
others; or if it happens more when you click and hold
compared to a quick click.  If it's been fine for 5 years,
though, maybe some dirt, etc has gotten into around the edges?