[iBook] G4 1.2ghz logic board in a G4 1ghz ibook

Brian Waits brianwaits at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 08:19:00 PDT 2007

Has anyone had any success replacing a 1ghz logic board with a 1.2 ghz
logic board in an ibook G4? Any stories of upgrading logic boards of
any sizes in ibook G4s for that matter? I'd be interested to hear your
stories.

I've read some places that ibook logic boards of different processor
sizes can't be trusted to fit. I'm just trying to verify this with
someone who has attempted the repair themselves. I've been highly
successful at upgrading processor speeds in PowerBooks, no I'm hoping
it's the same in ibooks.