[iBook] The iPhone: Touchscreen interface, runs Mac OS X, ships in June (Keynote notes)

Joe Roberts joereform at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 21:21:55 PST 2007

I completely agree.  The iPhone is not only a phenomenon in itself,
but for those Apple products down the line for which this product is
a precursor.  Other than Office and other common apps (which will
likely be forthcoming, because Apple knows its computing products
depend heavily on third-party SW development) and a hard drive (and
iPod-sized HDs are reaching capacities of 100 GB), what else would
the iPhone need internally in order to replace the laptop for a large
percentage of computing customers?

In other words, with those things, what could a Mac mini do for the
non-power user (e.g. graphics professionals and hard-core gamers)
that the iPhone could not?