[iBook] Disabling ALL Keyboard Commands: Anti-Kitten Techniques

joe joe at joethejuggler.com
Tue Jan 30 10:08:24 PST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:46 AM, Larry Kollar wrote:

> Fred Stevens wrote:
>
>> I have a new kitten which loves walking, running, romping, and
>> otherwise crossing my iBook's keyboard while I'm using it. She has
>> found new keystroke commands that I had never dreamed existed nor
>> were possible....
>
> Kittens are like that. Cuteness is a defense mechanism which keeps
> us from
> tossing them to the curb. :-)
>
> Could you cover the iBook keyboard with something and plug in an
> external?

Yep--you definitely have to work around the habits of the cats that
own you.

What about running a keystroke logger so you can find out what your
kitty typed out?  (I think command+control+f is "feed me this
instant" and shit+option+control+s+n is "snuggle now--and force quite
all apps without saving after turning monitor contrast all the way
down".)

Joe