[iBook] stiff lid

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 20:39:33 PDT 2007

Donald,

A friend with a similar model chose to force the issue. The hinges snapped
and or cracked. It virtually destroyed the machine. It was brought to an
Apple service centre and their view was that it wasn't worth repairing. So I
ended up with the Airport Card and the new battery that had been bought a
few months previously for my slightly newer iBOOK. My good fortune, their
bad luck.

So my opinion would be to bring it to a service centre and let them look at
it. It is probably worth the diagnostic fee.

Bill
Montreal