[iBook] What did I do??

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Sun Oct 7 21:49:13 PDT 2007

SNIP

HELP!
I needed to replace a Optical drive on a 14" ibook (out of warranty,
of course). I have done these before so wasn't too concerned.
Everything went well UNTIL I went to test it. The computer started up
great, login screen was good, I logged in, tested the optical drive
(which worked) and then the screen went faint. I could still see that
it was on, but it was almost like the backlight went out.
I can restart it and the same thing will happen. I have tried a PRAM
reset and it acts the same. I have checked to see if any wiring got
pinched, but don't see any.
Does anyone have an idea of what I did?? AND how I can fix it??

Darlene Hess
hessd at lockwood.k12.mt.us
SNIP

It sounds as if the time setting for it to go to sleep needs to be re-set.
Check in your preferences.
Kathi