[iBook] ibook g3 (rest of info)

Wilfred Reimer wilfreimer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:25:16 PDT 2007

Thanks.  I've pulled the RAM and the harddrive to have checked out.  I tried
reloading OS - got the disks from the shop who sold it as a rebuild to my
nephew some time ago.  He's saying it's the harddrive if it doesn't boot
from the disks. Found a good site to help with the dismantling to get at the
hard drive.
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/iBook-G3-12-Inch/Hard-Drive/50/12/

Thanks again.  I'll post the result when I get finished.

On 10/11/07, Michael Elliott <michaelelliott at mac.com> wrote:

> No idea on the specific panic you describe, but I'd make sure to pull any
> RAM out of the user-accessible slots, and then try to reboot the computer in
> "safe" mode (shift-S after the startup "bong").  See if you still get the
> panic message.
>

>  On Oct 4, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Wilfred Reimer wrote:
>

> That's the whole message.  A guy at freegeek tried to help me, but only
> could direct me to your list.  We tried to reset Power Management, but then
> found out there was no reset on my model.  One time using
> control/function/shift/power then waiting 5 seconds and powering up, the
> harddrive logo with two options came up, but then we couldn't get it back
> after clicking one of them.  It just went bakc to the panic state.  Hope
> this helps.  Let me know if any more info needed.  Thanks again for your
> help.
>
> Wilf

Wilf