[iBook] Won't read music CDs

Darlene Hess d_hess at bresnan.net
Wed Sep 19 09:25:25 PDT 2007

I have a G4 14" iBook running system 10.4.10 with 512mb of RAM. It is
a couple of years old and has always worked flawlessly.

Today, when I inserted a music CD that I have used many many times, I
get the message that the disk I "inserted was not readable by this
computer", however, I can put this disk in another iBook and it is fine.
I then tried a data disk and that worked.
I then tried another music disk and got the same message.
If I go to disk utility, I see the disk there, but it does not sure
up in iTunes.
I repaired permissions and reset the PMU and neither made a difference.

Does anyone have an idea on what could be happening??

Thanks
Darlene Hess
hessd at lockwood.k12.mt.us