[iBook] Panther Installation

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Sat Aug 30 16:42:50 PDT 2008

What do you mean by "sorting out"?  What was the free amount
immediately after formatting?  For a nominal (advertising
number) "6GB" HD it should be--guessing--maybe 5.4 "true" GB.
Ie just the full empty capacity (approx 5.6 "true" GB, I'd
suppose for nominal 6GB) less a little admin overhead space
and the space set aside for the journaling's record.

A default 10.3 install takes around 3GB IIRC.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Peter Nevett wrote:

> No, it's 6GB, but there are 4.87 GB free after the recent reformatting
> and sorting out. Surely that's enough to install Panther?
 . . .