[iBook] re booting my ibook

howardpettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Sat Nov 14 23:49:16 PST 2009

Lynette,
When you say 'it died', what do you mean? Did your son remove the hard
drive to get the contents onto your Mac Mini? If he was able to get
the contents from your iBook without removing the drive (a big job!)
it sounds like he may have used Target mode - he connected the iBook
to your Mac Mini by cable?
If you could give me a little more info it would help.
Does it start at all? Is it just that the screen doesn't show? Does it
go to a folder icon on the first screen?
Whereabouts are you in New Zealand? I am also in New Zealand so may be
able to help. I have all the disks to restart it but we really need to
know what is wrong with it first. You may wish to contact me directly
by email
Cheers
Howard P