[iBook] error code 0x8002006D

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 15 16:27:53 PDT 2009

I would think it is bad or old media.

The drive could be dirty so try a cleaning disc.

Also space is an issue, the amount of data being burned shouldn't
matter, provided you have enough free space on the hard drive for
creation of the temporary invisible scratch file used during burning.
A good rule-of-thumb is to maintain at least as much free space as the
media to which you're copying data, plus 300 to 500 MB for the Unix
swap files in /private/var/vm. For a DVD-burner equipped Mac, you'd
want to keep 5 GB or more free space on the hard drive; for a CD-R
burner only Mac, you can get as low as around 1.5 GB

What brand of drive is it, there are few different ones in different
models, I have a MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-835E
in the machine.

It could be a drive to media problem.

BG

P.S. great to have the list up again.