[iMac] Artifact of using a system cloned from a TiBook

Bill Planey mac.info at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 29 13:53:49 PST 2004

On 12/29/04 12:39 PM, "Mark Gibson" <gibsonm at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Any particular reason why you didn't use the built in transfer
> facility now available as part of the setup assistant?
>
> Just join the PB in target disc mode and the utility will copy over
> the items you need without writing over the top of the iMac's
> software.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark (}-:

I read somewhere that it would not transfer your applications, plus there
are some passwords in the keychain that I have no way to recreate (like for
FTP logins) and the only way (I assumed) those settings would survive would
be via cloning the drive.  I made sure that the apps that were included with
the iMac were on the included DVD installer disks first.

Bill