[iMac] iMac Digest, Vol 16, Issue 2

Marq Speck nightcrier at mac.com
Wed Sep 16 12:08:38 PDT 2009

Cool - I just successfully replaced the power supply on my G5 iMac
after it began repeatedly starting & rebooting endlessly.

One repair place said it sounded like a hard drive so I put in a new
known good drive and for 15 minutes - no reboots. Thought it was
fixed but then...

smoking hot PS and complete shut down of the machine.
Rats. Took a chance ordering a replacement PS and so far, the old
drive and the new PS are playing well together.
10 hours & counting.

Have a great day and thanks for coming back online.
Marq Speck

www.nightcriermusic.com
Reaching The World, One Song At A Time