[iTunes] iPod's Capacity

Norm LeMieux ntlm100 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 27 01:55:40 PDT 2003

it's the new math: Hard drives are specified in decimal (billions of bytes),
whereas software specifies capacity in binary (gigabytes). Remember that a
gigabyte is not a billion bytes; it is more. Conversely, a billion bytes is
not a gigabyte; it is less.

For GB on drives, the conversion is to divide the value by 1.024 three
times.

30GB /1.024 /1.024 /1.024 = 27.93968gigabytes

-n-