iTunes 5 (was iTunes Folder)

Todd Masco itunes-list-local at babayaga.org
Thu Jul 31 16:51:43 PDT 2003

Travis Martin wrote:
> Actually, I thought of that, but we're talking about multi-thousand
> song playlists. I'd like to have a Classical library, a doowop library,
> maybe another library for the crap my kids listen to...

I'm with you, Travis.  For me, it's spoken word - I have a couple
hundred CDs of spoken word (radio shows, comedy, ZBS media dramas,
audiobooks, etc) and over a thousand CDs of music (with several added
every week).  I like to random play the music across the entire music
library, never the spoken word.
Further, I prefer to keep those libraries on difference drives because
of disk space considerations, so I want to be able easy change which
library I'm currently ripping to.

What I currently do is have a symbolic link named "iTunes" in my music
folder, and I change it to point to iTunes.music or iTunes.spoken, as
appropriate.  But I'd much prefer having something that could switch
the current library from within iTunes or better, would stream from
both libraries simultaneously to other Macs in the house.

	-- Todd