[iTunes] What is BPM [beats per minute]

Louis A Bustamante themacintoshguy at tikilab.com
Thu May 1 19:22:19 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 07:33  AM, Anton Wilson wrote:
> iTunes 4 has a new tag entry 'BPM' which is listed in the column view
> options as 'beats per minute'. Is this just the musical notation
> 'beats' or something else.
> Thanks
> Anton

Beat Per Minute is something I personally asked Apple to include with
iTunes... and apparently so did a lot of other people. BPM is the speed
of the song, literally how many beats are in one minute of a song. It's
a tool used by DJs to mix records together. For instance, Blondie's
"Rapture" and Bananarama's "Cruel Summer" are both roughly 108 BPM, so
they could mix together very well, while Pink's "Get This Party
Started" and Dirty Vegas' "Days Go By" are both around 128 BPM, so they
could go together well. That is when mixed by a DJ with a little
talent. :)

Louis
|   Tiki LAB - Pop Culture With A Twist..... http://www.tikilab.com/   |
|   Are you unknowingly spreading the Klez worm?  Check your system!   |
|       http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html      |