[iTunes] Re: iTunes Sharing Through Airport Extreme

Joe Ferguson jobobike at macvillage.net
Tue May 6 05:19:34 PDT 2003

Rich said...
> I thought apple said,
> that sharing was on for internal networks,
> not connecting via the net.?
Nope that is not correct. You can share music via Rendezvous or via posting
a link to your iTunes music and sending the link to someone with iTunes 4.
To find your link click on a playlist with the control button pressed.
Highlight the "Copy sharing URL" selection and that should be all you need
to send some one so they can listen to your music.
For me when I do this my IP is not in the URL because I am using Airport.
When I insert my IP into the address it still doesn't work. :-)
I think there is something else that needs to be configured with the Airport
Base Station. I also have created the port 3689 on the Base Station to no
avail.
Suggestions?
Joe Ferguson