BEWARE: serious crash in iTunes 4!!!!!

Todd Masco itunes-list-local at babayaga.org
Wed May 7 21:56:09 PDT 2003

Michel Coste wrote:
> When I relaunched iTunes all the library info remaining was about the
> remaining mp3 tunes!!!!!
> ALL info concerning aac tunes had disappeared!!!!

Depending upon what you're concerned about losing, perhaps all is not
lost!  Go to the Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/... folders and find the
.m4a files... dragging them over the iTunes application (or importing
them from the File->Import... menu item) will restore them to the
iTunes library.  Dragging whole directories will work too, but you
might want to experiment with one to assure yourself that it works.

If you're concerned only about having lost the meta-data, I don't know
whether there's an equivalent to ID3 tags in AAC files, sorry...

You're right of course, backing up music libraries is a very good idea.
  I once lost several hundred ripped CDs to a crash.  I went out the
next day and bought several external firewire drives exclusively for
backups.

Hope this helps,

	-- Todd