[iTunes] Speakers for desktop

xx xx386 at mac.com
Sat May 24 03:19:15 PDT 2003

Andrew,

I have both the SoundSticks (for home) & JBL Creature (for work).

They are powered by the 17'Al (otherwise known as Jlo's Ass!).

If I was to do this exercise again, I would buy another set of the
SoundSticks for work as well.

The Creature's sound great, but no comparison to the SoundSticks, when
you put them side by side comparison.

Also, the finish is far better on the SoundSticks...

But then the advantage of the Creatures, you can use them with your
iPod.

But then this all depends on your music taste - best advice = try them
both.

Good luck.

Graeme.

On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 16:40 Australia/Sydney, Andrew Nye wrote:

> I'm very keen to get some new speakers for my desktop - the new Formac
> 19" Gallery lcd display deserves them!
>
> I was going for the iSticks and subwoofer, partly for the fact that
> they are USB and, I thought, cleaner sound and partly for the looks.
> But they get very mixed reviews.
>
> my questions: is USB better? How do people find the iSticks?
>
> Any other recommendations for speakers with good sound, reasonable
> looks and small footprint for satellites?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

> <iTunes-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <iTunes-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>    Keyspan   | New Digital Media Remote, great for MP3 players and CD
> players.
> Dr. Bott  | Now $49.00  <http://www.drbott.com/prod/keyspan.html>

graeme wong
t:	+61 423 008 388
e:	xx386 at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/xx386

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul."
	- George Bernard Shaw