[iTunes] Re: Auto eject after import?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun May 25 09:03:02 PDT 2003

Are you saying that you have to manually start the rip (upper right
corner button) after you manually download CDDB data and edit tags and
only the automatic ejection after rip is what that preference does? I'm
still not getting a clear picture of what that preference does and does
not do. Would some one mind writing a step by step explanation of what
it does? Here's my step by step of how I rip with a dual 867 that has
two optical in it with iTunes already open:

1. Press Option F12 to open bottom optical and place CD in tray.
2. Press Option F12 to close bottom optical drawer and wait for generic
track listings to appear.
3. Menu->Advanced->Get CD Track Names and wait for CDDB report to
replace generic names.
4. Command I to Get Info on Album (not tracks) and make sure it is
entitled the way I want with year, compilation, composer, genre and
artist fields correctly filled in or not filled in.
5. Click on a track, Command A to highlight all, Command I to get info
on the more detailed album track dialog box to add any other all track
info tags that are not in the Album dialog box.
6. If I see the CDDB report is defective (which it is about 75% of the
time), I then click on track one and begin editing individual tracks
using the next button on the bottom to advance through each song.
7. After editing the last track I close that dialog box and press the
import button.
8. Press F12 to open the upper optical tray and place disc 2 or the
next album's CD in it.
9. Press F12 to close the upper optical and wait for the generic track
listings to appear.
10. Follow steps 3 through 6 and then eject the upper with F12 and
place the next CD in there while the bottom optical is still ripping
the first disc and so forth.

Now would anyone please tell us all what the preference "On CD Insert:
Import Songs and Eject" for auto-ripping and ejecting does that will
still allow us to edit the often inaccurate and downright WRONG CDDB
reports before each rip?

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 04:21 AM, 8p2uny2hgfk001 at sneakemail.com