[iTunes] Re: wrong song order in music folder

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Sun May 25 19:34:06 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 10:05  PM, Kunga wrote:

>>> how can the songs be saved in the original order in the first place?
>>> I have this problem since I updated to itunes 4
>>>
>>> bianca
> On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 06:56 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:
>> I loaded a CD and found that the tunes were listed in reverse order.
>> Click on the top and bingo the order changed to the correct CD order.
>> Don't know if this will help you but you could give it a try.
>> terry
>
> Bianca was writing about the album's folder - not it's listing in
> iTunes. You need to have the Create file names with track number
> checked in the Importing Preference Pane to get that part straight.
> File names are different than the file tags that keep things in order
> within the iTunes interface.

I can't recall if the track number column is automatically populated
when you import, but you don't need that column, nor do you need to
incorporate the track number into the file name. Another way of
handling it is to choose the Date Added as the sort criterion, then
reverse the sort. Of course, that's only useful if you are filtering on
the album name.