the new, true line out

Henri drev at bellsouth.net
Tue May 27 18:45:09 PDT 2003

I have the older 10 gig iPod and still use iTunes 3, and I wonder too
if I'm better off picking up a 20 for less than the cost of a new 15
gig . The various problems I read about with iTunes 4 and the new
Ipods are persuasive reasons to wait to upgrade. Neither seems like a
finished trouble free product yet.

I bought a mic to dual RCA adaptor and through this have plugged my
old iPod into the AUX inputs of various stereo systems, ranging from
a large component system to bookshelf systems, to hotel TV's to a
Bose boombox, on three continents, with good results. It's been a
great way to share music in my travels. How much better would that
sound through the true line-out (and does it require the same adaptor
I've been using?)?

Using the iPod that way, the feature I developed the greatest desire
for was the ability to record on the little bugger...through a mike
and via line in...any rumors that that may be on the horizon?