Duplicates ... all of a sudden

Eric Irwin ecirwin at mac.com
Wed May 28 19:38:19 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 08:28  PM, iTunesList wrote:

> Now that I have all these dupes, would anyone know how I can prune them
> out without picking through them all.

I have always found the "date added" column useful for weeding these
kinds of things out of the library.  All of the duplicates should have
todays date and about the same time, so it should be easy to sort by
the date added and then select either all the old or all the new stuff
and delete it.

There are some Applescripts for removing duplicates and for removing
listings that don't have a file anymore.  I don't know which situation
you are in exactly, but they may help as well.

As to why you had the problem, sorry but I can't help you there.

Eric