[iTunes] CDDB Equalizer

Steve Martin steve at planomartins.com
Wed Dec 15 06:44:03 PST 2004

Absolutely!

Ideally one would determine what equalizer setting gives their given
system the flattest frequency response (by measuring audio test
patterns) and use that for everything.

As a ISF calibrator, this is exactly what we try to do when calibrating
video displays.  We use test patterns to make them as accurate as
possible so that the intent of the authors comes through.  If you just
adjust it to "how you like it", you have become the artist which is
fine, but not an accurate reproduction of what the original artist
intended.