[iTunes] converting .aiff files to .mp3

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 22 06:07:11 PDT 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Lynda Farabee wrote:

> I've been having the devil of a time recently doing the above!  A
> CD is recorded of a church service. My job is to convert the sermon
> track into .mp3 and upload to website.  Everything has gone well
> for over a year....until this past July, probably. I can't pin the
> problem down to possibly using Tiger or an upgrade of iTunes.  At
> any rate, using iTunes 4.9 and OS 10.2.4....I can no longer
> accomplish my task.
>
> I select the track on the CD and under advanced menu, choose
> convert to mp3. The process appears to work but the resulting file
> is silent, no audio at all.  THEN the CD becomes apparently
> "damaged"....I can no longer play that track and sometime, cannot
> play a track or two on either side of the sermon track. However
> tracks 1, 2, & 3 usually play.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on what might be going on?  Thanks. -L

I've been scratching my head over this off-list. It should be noted
that the CD is recorded with a standalone audio CD recorder. I think
the problem is there - that the recorder is doing something weird -
but I can't provide a solution...

Kirk
             Author of: Take Control of Customizing Microsoft Office
                       http://www.mcelhearn.com/tcoo.html
        Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France