[iTunes] iTunes 7 question

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Fri Oct 27 23:44:39 PDT 2006

Ron Michael wrote:
> I just got a new MacPro and need to copy my iTunes files from my old G4.
> What files do I need to copy and where are they located? I copied a .xml
> file and that took care of what appears to be most of the files. But I'm
> missing some of my playlists that were on my iPod. Do you know where
> they are? Are they stored on the iPod itself instead of the computer? Is
> there a utility program available that might take care of the whole job?
> Thanks a lot for any advice.

All new Macs have a built in program to transfer all your settings,
documents, music and pictures automatically. Its called "Migration
Assistant.app and you can find it in your Utilities folder within your
Applications folder. You need a Firewire cable. Just open the
application and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, if you go to the Help menu in iTunes and type in
"transfer music from old computer" you will get a screen of instructions
about that subject.

--

Michael Prete