[iTunes] Querying Gracenote CDDB

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 08:41:05 PST 2007

--- Kirk McElhearn <kirkmc at mac.com> wrote:

> No, sounds more like your ISP has blocked some kinds of
> traffic...

I didn't think we had nannyware on our ISP, but given the
problems they've given us in the past, it wouldn't surprise me.
If we download too much in a 24-hour period (like my Friday
science podcasts!) the ISP decides that I'm either uploading a
virus or downloading illegal files, and cuts us back to dialup
speed for 24 hours. It's a real pain, and I understand there
have been a lot of complaints about the low level they've set
for this... we can't look at any videos, for example, without
this "feature" cutting in.

-becca