[iTunes] iTrip causing "bleeps" in playlists

Carol F. Bruml cfb2 at alumni.cwru.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:38:56 PST 2007

I did a Restore on my 40-gig clickwheel iPod a week or so ago.

Since then, I have heard periodic, loud "bleeps" in my playlists of
basically relaxing classical music.

If I look at the iPod screen when this happens, I see "Griffin iTrip" and a
radio frequency listed.

If I check the Playlist listing, in iTunes, I do not see any items under
"Griffin," "iTrip," or under the numeric frequency.

These "bleeps" have occurred in all seven or eight lists I have played since
the Restore was done.

I do not have the iTrip Playlist checked for synchronizing with my iPod at
this time, since I seldom use it except if traveling long distances. Would
synching a playlist of all of the iTrip frequencies "pacify" the iTrip's
"need" to be there?

How can I get these "bleeps" (and the iTrip frequencies) deleted from my
iPod/playlists where they don't belong?

Does anyone have any idea what caused them to worm their way in in the first
place?

Carol