[iTunes] Cannot find Burner or software?????

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 28 08:43:58 PDT 2007

Kirk - Thought you'd like to know.

Just got off the phone with Apple Care. All fixed. Woo-hoo, I did not
have a hardware problem

They had me start up from the original install disk.  Then repair the
HD and Repair Permissions.
Then restarted from the my system HD, and had me toss both the caches
in my main Library as well as the caches in my Home Library.

  After restart: everything is hunky dory.  He said that I had a
corrupted preference file.

The System profiler again senses the Pioneer drive both under ATA and
Disc Burning.
And I can write an audio CD from iTunes and a data CD from Finder.

I'm a happy camper again.

John