[iTunes] Re: Upper limits of content of iTunes?

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 01:16:04 PDT 2008

> Is there an upper limit to how much can be put into any one instance of
> iTunes?

Part of the upper limit of how much iTunes can handle also depends on your
computers' processing power.

The larger your library, the longer it takes to load the iTunes library when
you first start up iTunes.

I have iTunes on my 1.5 Ghz G4 Mac Mini. I have approximately 67,000 audio
files (I was also a former DJ in a previous life). It's a mix of my ripped
CDS over the last 5 years and various podcasts and audiobooks. On my old 867
Mhz PowerBook, it would take up to 30 minutes just to get iTunes to respond.
Now it is snapped on my Mac Mini.

Having a large number of smart playlists also contributes to iTunes' demand
on your computer. By reducing the number of smart playlists will help ease
that demand.

:-D   Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET