[iTunes] I hate iTunes 8

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 15:30:25 PST 2009

> I am not convinced that you need to reinstall iTunes.  Try
> holding down the shift key and launching your current
> iTunes.
> Then choose the library in the Previous iTunes libraries
> and see what happens.  If that doesn't work try your
> backup.
> Ken

the additional problem is that when I'd try to open iTunes after the first crash, it would continue to freeze - I couldn't even get it to run the diagnostics, it would freeze upon opening. The gentleman I spoke with at AppleCare said I'd need to uninstall iTunes, QuickTime and a couple of other programs, and then re-download and install everything. But I'm going to try the shift key trick after I reinstall, to see whether that will re-instate all my playlists.

the hardest part is going to be trying to remember all the podcasts I listen to, and re-subscribing.

spoke harshly to my husband about backups. He's had the stuff to set me up for auto backups for awhile, just hasn't gotten around to setting it up...

-becca