[iTunes] moving iTunes from one mac to another

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 07:24:35 PST 2009

I am currently using a Mac Mini as my primary home system. I have 80+
gigs of music on an external USB drive. I am going to retire the Mini
and switch to a Macbook. My plan is to use the export feature on
iTunes to generate the XML file that I'll import into the Macbook,
once I've connected the external drive. I really want to retain my
playlists and ratings. Is this a plan that will accomplish that? I've
looked over a few postings about transfers, but none seem to address
this scenario.

Any thoughts?

--
Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring.  They're
Fascist.  Throw some ground balls, it's more Democratic. - Crash Davis